[governance] Internet Commons Forum

LB at lucabelli.net LB at lucabelli.net
Wed Nov 13 14:20:14 EST 2019

 Dear colleagues,

 I am circulating this as I think many of you may be interested.

 The first edition of the Internet Commons Forum (www.intcomforum.org) will take place on Monday, November 25 from 15:40 to 18:15 in the Estrel Saal B, at the IGF venue.

 Below a brief description of the event.

 All the best

 Luca

 The Internet Commons Forum (ICF) is jointly organised by FGV, ISOC, APC and Centrum Cyfrowe.  The ICF aims at gathering thinkers and doers that are developing ideas and solutions for a less concentrated and more just Internet.
 The structures of the Internet affect us more deeply than ever before, reaching out to all aspects of our lives, from our societies and cultures to our finances and politics - to our very individual human behaviours and identities. This  event will explore different views of Internet Commons exploring strategies for a less concentrated Internet.
 Every session will feature weel-respected thinkers and doers exposing their ideas and innovative approaches for 10 minutes each and subsequently engaging in a collaborative discussion with the participants, to identify paths for collaborations.
 Opening: Setting the Scene
  Luca Belli, FGV Adam Burns, Free2Air Sophie Bloemen, Commons Network Volker Grassmuck, Digitale Gesellscaft

 Section 1  Infrastructure(less)
  Jane Coffin, ISOC Carlos Baca, Rhizomatica  Nico Pace, LibreRouter

 Open debate on actions and proposals
 Moderator: Anriette Esterhuysen, APC
 Section 2  Platforms, Content and Data
  Mathias Judd, Qaul Net Mariana Valente, Creative Commons Anita Gurumurthy IT for Change Paul-Olivier Dehaye, PersonalData.IO

 Open debate on actions and proposals
 Moderator: Anriette Esterhuysen, APC
 Section 3 Crowdsourcing Policy
  Markus Beckedahl, Netzpolitik.org Alek Tarkowski, Centrum Cyfrowe

 Open debate on actions and proposals
 Closing remarks: Luca Belli & Adam Burns

 The event will be followed by a cocktail reception.

Luca Belli, PhD
Professor of Internet Governance and Regulation, FGV Law School, Rio de Janeiro
Chercheur Associé, Centre de Droit Public Comparé, Université Paris 2

www.cyberbrics.info | www.internet-governance.fgv.br

@1lucabelli

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This message, as well as any attached document, may contain personal data and information that is confidential and privileged and is intended only for the use of the addressee named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying or distribution of this email or attached documents, or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Please contact the sender if you believe you have received this email by mistake.