[governance] Sexual content moderation and child protection: launch at IGF on November 26

Jeremy Malcolm jeremy at malcolm.id.au
Tue Nov 12 19:56:53 EST 2019

Dear all,

For those who will be at the IGF, please join us for the launch of a set
of best practice principles on sexual content moderation and child
protection:

https://prostasia.org/sexual-content-moderation-principles/

This will be held at 9am in the room ESTREL 7 (located at Wing 3, Level
6), on Tuesday, 26 November. If you would like to attend, please let me
know by email so that I can update you if the room booking changes prior
to the event.

The principles are based on work of Access Now and others and have been
under development through an offline/online multi-stakeholder process
since May this year.

The principles are intended to assist Internet platforms of all sizes to
adopt a more nuanced and better-informed approach towards the moderation
and censorship of sexual content, with a view towards protecting
children from sexual abuse while also upholding their rights and the
rights of others.

Once again, please let me know by email if you plan to be there.

--
Jeremy Malcolm PhD LLB (Hons) B Com
Social entrepreneur, lawyer, ICT policy advocate, geek