[governance] PIR Case/or the .org sell

Ayden Férdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Wed Nov 27 05:22:38 EST 2019

I hope that we may be able to unite to ask that ISOC reconsider this sale.

While I am not confident ISOC will listen - if anything, this sale has directed my attention to very serious deficiencies in the governance structure of ISOC - I think it is important that our concerns are noted.

This sale runs contrary to the values that ISOC is supposed to represent, will result in further consolidation in the DNS industry (just as ISOC has released work warning of the dangers of consolidation), and will see a monopoly, administered by a trusted non-profit, fall into private hands to exploit for personal gain. It's completely unacceptable.

The Register [reports today](https://www.theregister.co.uk/2019/11/27/isoc_icann_dot_org_vint_cerf/) that "both ISOC and ICANN are driving the sale forward as fast as possible in the background and refusing to consider counter-arguments until it’s done". I could not be more disappointed in ISOC, and I think such unscrupulous behavior calls for a response from us.

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline