[governance] Good examples of muiltistakeholder policy development at a national level?

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Tue Nov 26 17:10:53 EST 2019

[Not big on extensive quoting...]

Democracy generally doesn't do well without a firm commitment to some
sort of constitution which enumerates basic rights which cannot be
breached (without difficult amendment), a firm commitment to judiciary
processes of review including an evolving stare decisis, and
specifying how enfranchisement, voting (indirectly or directly), works
and is dispositive.

Unfortunately the examples I've seen of multi-stakeholder governance
lacks these, even seems to eschew the concepts other than specifying a
tiny handful of who the (enfranchised) stakeholders shall be.

I don't really see how one can call multi-stakeholderism "democracy"
other than that the very few who manage to be allowed to the table
vote among themselves occasionally, often without transparency or risk
of authoritative review.

Perhaps in theory multi-stakeholderism could be democratic but one
wonders how long it would last as a governance structure if it were.

--
        -Barry Shein