[governance] Idea of Instant Messaging for IGCaucus

Tue Jul 30 07:00:07 EDT 2019

 Dear Johan,
I agree with you to some extend. The part of Policy making requires discussion over the issues, proposed solutions and reviewing public interest and the implications of the rules and regulations ... this and that
... but I think that
....in order to learn the issues, to report the issues, and to obtain the input / feedback upon implementation of the the policies, we have to communicate with the community, and ......
we can't ignore the youngsters and teenagers, the major part of the community and the mechanism of their communication. In order to learn the real life issues, we have to enter into their shell and communicate to same wavelength to break the barriers.

Best Regards
Imran

    On Tuesday, 30 July 2019, 15:26:31 GMT+5, Johan Helsingius <julf at julf.com> wrote:

 Dear Imran,

> Upon question about the reasoning of using IM, one of the student
> said that it is beauty of the IM enabling them compose/record their
> audio or video chat instantly and share or transmit it to any recipient
> in seconds and even to broadcast to a wider group but if someone ask
> them send video on email, we have issues... First of all they have to
> learn the means to record audio or video and to attach with some email
> account.

"If all you have is a hammer, all problems look like nails". We should
use appropriate tools depending on purpose. Policy is mostly done
through documents and amendments in an iterative process, and email
is very well suited for that. I can't see how a video snippet would
be useful in that context. On the other hand, IM is great for reaching
out to people and engaging them.

    Julf

---
To unsubscribe: <mailto:igc-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net>