[governance] IGC Co-Coordinators Elections

Mon Jul 22 12:29:19 EDT 2019

Thanks for the replies so far, everyone!

@Chaitanya, just to clear up, one of the co-coordinators term has expired
for more than one year, but mine is only expired for less than two months.
Nevertheless, I believe we should vote for the two co-coordinators slots. I
am still eligible for re-election, but in case I dont run or get re-elected
I will most definitely help with transition and concluding our processes.

Best,
Bruna

Le lun. 22 juil. 2019 à 13:21, Chaitanya Dhareshwar <chaitanyabd at gmail.com>
a écrit :

> I agree for the 1st / 2nd week of August.
>
> For those who've been BestBits members for a long timeframe, and due to
> the current circumstances, I would suggest that those who'll be eligible to
> vote as of 31st October should be permitted to cast their vote in the
> August election.
>
> What's the plan to address the situation of 2 coordinators with a 1-year
> term overlap? Are we voting one member (and will you continue to serve for
> a while, to ensure smooth knowledge transfer) or are we voting 2 members?
>
> Best,
>
> *Chaitanya Dhareshwar*
>
> Linkedin <http://in.linkedin.com/in/chaitanyabd> | Blog
> <http://cbd.vcio.in> | *Book Me* <https://chaitanya.youcanbook.me/> | Skype:
> chaitanyabd
> Mobile: +91.9820760253
>

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 8:39 PM Bruna Martins dos Santos <
> governance at lists.riseup.net> wrote:
>
>> Dear IGC Members,
>>
>> I am writing to you in order to discuss the elections subject. After
>> reading - and agreeing - to so many of your comments on the list, I concur
>> to the idea that its best for us to host our elections for the
>> Co-Coordinators slots as soon as possible.
>>
>> The situation of the Co-Coordinator's term is as it follows:
>>
>> *Arsène Tungali, one of our previous Co-Coordinators, Arsene resigned and
>> his term was also expired. In my case, after checking the last elections
>> announcement I could verify that I do not have 6 more months of term as it
>> expired less than two monts ago (May, 2019). *
>>
>> I am happy that the discussion surrounding the IGC-BestBits merger have
>> also helped us get this list back to activity and the shared interest in
>> putting everything back to work - from website and mailing list archives to
>> elections.
>>
>> On that note,* I would agree on running elections right away*. And my
>> suggestion would be to w*ait until the first or second week of August*
>> for us to get some things in order to conduct this process. About this, I
>> will need some help in setting a page to check-in members, a tally and
>> ensuring that this elections is GDPR compliant.
>>
>> *If you disagree with this approach, let me know by July 31st.  *I
>> understand that some of our members considered the idea of hosting it in
>> october as it would allow the new members (most likely BestBits members) to
>> go through their 'period of grace' and be able to vote.
>>
>> Looking forward to hearing back from you on this.
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> --
>> *Bruna Martins dos Santos *
>> IGC Co-Coordinator