[governance] Proposed statement on .ORG sale

Ayden FĂ©rdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Thu Dec 5 16:00:48 EST 2019

Hi John,

Respectfully, if you are commenting on this issue (which is a statement addressed to the ISOC Board), I think you should make it clear that you are a current member of the ISOC Board.

And ICANN policy does not supersede national law vis-a-vis requests say, for, law enforcement data. If the Chinese government requests the billing data for a registrant who is a Hong Kong dissident, which is data collected by PIR but not even subject to the registry agreement, would Ethos challenge the Chinese government’s request?

Regards, Ayden