[governance] Proposed statement on .ORG sale

Ayden Férdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Thu Dec 5 15:19:23 EST 2019

Hi Judith,

Happy to stand corrected if I’m wrong, but I don’t think that is the case. Firstly, such a policy applies only to whether or not ICANN org can force the disclose of personal information. Contracted parties have and maintain client data — not just Whois data, but billing data too. As data controllers they absolutely do retain this information and as best I am aware there is nothing that would prevent them from voluntarily releasing it.

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline