[governance] Wyden, Blumenthal, Warren and Eshoo Question Sale of .ORG Domains to Private Equity Firm

Brett Solomon brett at accessnow.org
Tue Dec 24 14:42:38 EST 2019

Bravo!

The full letter is excellent and captures  what is clear disquiet in the
community, at the UN and now within the US Senate (including Senator
Warren). It's worth a read:

https://www.wyden.senate.gov/imo/media/doc/122319%20RW%20Letter%20to%20PIR%20ISOC%20Ethos.pdf

I maintain that the sale should not go ahead.

None of the arguments on this list have convinced me otherwise, nor dare I
say the 536 organizations and 18,999 signatories <https://savedotorg.org/>
who are opposed to the sale and have called for it not to proceed.

Thanks for the robust debate all - and happy holidays!

Brett

Brett Solomon
Executive Director
Access Now | accessnow.org

@solomonbrett
Key ID: 0x4EDC17EB
Fingerprint: C02C A886 B0FC 3A25 FF9F ECE8 FCDF BA23 4EDC 17EB

**Subscribe* to the Access Now Express
<https://www.accessnow.org/campaign/#sign-up>, our weekly newsletter on
digital rights
**Protect digital rights* around the world - support Access Now
<https://act.accessnow.org/page/13742/donate/1> with a donation today