[governance] Proposed Description of the Internet Governance Caucus

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Wed Dec 11 13:37:20 EST 2019

Hi Ayden,

Thank you so much for putting this together! Just to note, the members of
IGC are individuals, acting in personal capacity, who subscribe to the
charter of the caucus (see: https://igcaucus.org/membership/). Also, as far
as I understand the coalition came into being around the WSIS, not
afterwards. I've amended the text to reflect this - but if a
longer-standing member can advise that would be great. Also, we can include
a link to the website.

*The Internet Governance Caucus is a coalition of members who wish to
promote global public interest objectives in Internet governance agenda
setting and decision making processes. These members include
representatives of civil liberties groups, universities, think tanks, free
software groups, ICT development organizations, and a broad collection of
other actors dedicated to the public interest. The coalition was formed
around the World Summit on the Information Society in 2003.*

Thanks!

Best
Sheetal.

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 18:25, Ayden FĂ©rdeline <ayden at ferdeline.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I mentioned in my previous email to this list that it might be helpful to
> affix a short description of who 'we' are so that the recipients of our
> statement, if it is sent, better understand who has written to them. I
> wanted to propose the following text, with the very big caveat that I have
> not been subscribed to this mailing list for very long, so I may well have
> the history wrong and not fully understand how this list came to be. I
> would appreciate it if you could keep me honest by editing this description
> if I do have something incorrect! Thanks.
>
> Best wishes,
> Ayden FĂ©rdeline
> ====
>
> *About the Internet Governance Caucus*
>
> *The Internet Governance Caucus is a coalition of organizations and
> individuals who wish to promote global public interest objectives in
> Internet governance agenda setting and decision making processes. Our
> members include civil liberties groups, universities, think tanks, free
> software groups, ICT development organizations, and a broad collection of
> other actors dedicated to the public interest. The coalition was formed
> following the first World Summit on the Information Society in 2003.*
>
> ---
> To unsubscribe: <mailto:igc-unsubscribe at lists.riseup.net>

*Sheetal Kumar*
Senior Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
PGP ID: E592EFBBEAB1CF31  | PGP Fingerprint: F5D5 114D 173B E9E2 0603 DD7F
E592 EFBB EAB1 CF31|