[governance] Proposed Description of the Internet Governance Caucus

Ayden FĂ©rdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Wed Dec 11 13:24:40 EST 2019

Hi all,

I mentioned in my previous email to this list that it might be helpful to affix a short description of who 'we' are so that the recipients of our statement, if it is sent, better understand who has written to them. I wanted to propose the following text, with the very big caveat that I have not been subscribed to this mailing list for very long, so I may well have the history wrong and not fully understand how this list came to be. I would appreciate it if you could keep me honest by editing this description if I do have something incorrect! Thanks.

Best wishes,
Ayden FĂ©rdeline
====

About the Internet Governance Caucus

The Internet Governance Caucus is a coalition of organizations and individuals who wish to promote global public interest objectives in Internet governance agenda setting and decision making processes. Our members include civil liberties groups, universities, think tanks, free software groups, ICT development organizations, and a broad collection of other actors dedicated to the public interest. The coalition was formed following the first World Summit on the Information Society in 2003.