[governance] POLL ON .ORG LETTER: You can participate now

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Wed Dec 11 09:50:20 EST 2019

Dear all,

Thanks for the engagement on the poll. You are right, there are many
options that could have been proposed and it's too late now to change the
poll. The aim was to provide some clarity on a way forward on the main
options, and not to create confusion by providing all possible options.
Apologies if you feel the most important options weren't captured but
hopefully it hasn't created more confusion. On the results, there is more
support for calling for a halt then there is for calling just for
transparency, about double the support in fact. There are 39 complete

So, I suggest we move forward with discussing the text already suggested on
the other thread by Ayden, which, as it turns out, calls for a complete
halt to the sale. If you want to make changes, please suggest so there.
I'll propose a timeframe and way forward on that thread.

Best
Sheetal.

On Wed, 11 Dec 2019 at 03:37, Michael Palage <mike at palage.com> wrote:

> Hello Bill,
>
> A little legal clarification.  The original Registry Contract with
> NSI/VeriSign (1999) bundled all three TLDs together. When VRSN was given a
> presumptive renewal in connection with .COM, .NET and .ORG were split off
> into separate registry agreements. VRSN was not able to bid on .ORG, but it
> was able to bid on and then win the .NET RFP which is now a presumptive
> renewal contract.

*Sheetal Kumar*
Senior Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
PGP ID: E592EFBBEAB1CF31  | PGP Fingerprint: F5D5 114D 173B E9E2 0603 DD7F
E592 EFBB EAB1 CF31|