[governance] POLL ON .ORG LETTER: You can participate now

Michael Palage mike at palage.com
Tue Dec 10 22:37:07 EST 2019

Hello Bill,

A little legal clarification.  The original Registry Contract with NSI/VeriSign (1999) bundled all three TLDs together. When VRSN was given a presumptive renewal in connection with .COM, .NET and .ORG were split off into separate registry agreements. VRSN was not able to bid on .ORG, but it was able to bid on and then win the .NET RFP which is now a presumptive renewal contract.