[governance] Proposed statement on .ORG sale

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Mon Dec 9 08:29:02 EST 2019

Thanks Imran, very useful..

So a community asset given to ISOC for free, nay with a $ 5 million
subsidy, for safe keeping and management on behalf of the community is
suddenly declared by ISOC to just be a sterile financial asset -- with
no community implications whatsoever -- that it is selling off to a
newly formed for profit entity in order to maintain and augment its
funding. And we are supposed to stay quiet or just applaud ISOC's
financial astuteness....

It cannot get more absurd that this..

parminder