[governance] Overdue IGC Co-coordinator Elections and Request for Update on Website/ Was Re: Who are the IGC Co-coordinators?

Tapani Tarvainen tapani.tarvainen at effi.org
Mon Aug 12 04:58:02 EDT 2019

A few (mainly technical) comments inline.

On Aug 12 20:29, "Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro" (governance at lists.riseup.net) wrote:

> Not to take away from the Team efforts in restoring the archives, that was
> pretty basic and the information already existed. It has been overdue since
> 2017 but it's good that it is restored.

The website has been rebuilt but email archives have not yet been
restored, as far as I know, and it won't be an entirely trivial task.

> As Ian mentioned the website technical team except for those who may
> wish to stand for elections will help. The system is automated so
> ballots are automatically tallied but we will need auditors and as
> Ian has volunteered.

I must have missed something as I didn't know we have already agreed
on an election system (even though I'm on tech teams mailing list).

Anyway, I know a bit about election systems and I'd be willing to help
(and I don't intend to stand so that's not an issue).

> > And what to I mean with that? (a) We need to assess which members have
> > voting rights as of now; (b) we need some system for voters check-in and
> > (c) we also need a tally system thats trustworthy and auditable.

> This is easy and all automated and the logins would all be online and
> timestamped, no issue here.

That sounds great, indeed almost too good to be true. I want to know
more about this system.

--
Tapani Tarvainen