[governance] Voting Process for election of co coordinators

ian.peter at ianpeter.com ian.peter at ianpeter.com
Wed Aug 28 20:43:54 EDT 2019

Thanks Chris for the feedback

 >The following clause sparked a question in my mind: "they have not
previously voted in this election".  Shouldn't the voting software be
able to know that someone had already voted
  > and disallow a second attempt?

Yes it would - but it could be that some people have more than one email
address registered on list - so this reminds people to think about
whether they have voted before using another email address. Similarly
the software should pick up that they have been subscribed to list for
more than 2 months - so the inclusion of that question is also more
precautionary rather than necessary.  It wont hurt for people to
understand and affirm the conditions for voting.

Ian Peter