[governance] Nomination

Sheetal Kumar sheetal at gp-digital.org
Wed Aug 28 11:12:25 EDT 2019

Dear all,

Thank you to Deirdre for the nomination, and to others for their expression
of support so far. I appreciate the trust and support and I'll send the 300
word statement as requested in the next week.

Best wishes
Sheetal.

On Tue, 27 Aug 2019 at 23:50, Remmy Nweke <remmyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Supported
> ____
> REMMY NWEKE, mNGE,
> Lead Consulting Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
> DigitalSENSE Africa Media [*Multiple-award winning medium*]
> (DigitalSENSE Business News
> <http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng/businessnews>; ITREALMS
> <http://www.itrealms.com.ng>, NaijaAgroNet
> <http://www.naijaagronet.com.ng>)
> Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza, Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
> M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475, T: @ITRealms
> <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
> Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in Nigeria
> <https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria%E2%80%8E>
>
> *2020 Nigeria DigitalSENSE Forum on IG4D & Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable
> <http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>*
> JOIN us!!
>
> *Vice President, African Civil Society on the Information Society (ACSIS
> <http://www.acsis-scasi.org/en/>)
> *Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
> are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
> only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
> responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
> recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
> not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
> any copies. Violators may face court persecution.
>

> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019 at 7:30 PM Nadira Alaraj <governance at lists.riseup.net>
> wrote:
>
>> I second Deirdre nomination to Sheetal Kumar,
>> Sheetal is an achiever, she never leaves any unfinished task before being
>> accomplished.
>>
>> I hope Sheetal will accept to be one of the coordinators to IGC.
>>
>> Nadira AL-Araj
>>
>> On Tue, Aug 27, 2019, 20:29 Deirdre Williams <governance at lists.riseup.net>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Sheetal Kumar
>>>
>>> Country of residence: UK
>>>
>>> Country of origin: UK
>>>
>>> I nominate Sheetal Kumar to be one of two co-coordinators for the
>>> Internet Governance Caucus (IGC). While several people have been working
>>> steadily for more than six months to re-awake and unify a voice of civil
>>> society in the internet governance debate, it has been Sheetal’s
>>> persistence that has provided the “glue” to hold the group together. She
>>> has been open to all points of view, patient, diplomatic, working towards
>>> consensus without steering things towards her own preference, while keeping
>>> the group together to produce results. IGC needs these skills if it is to
>>> survive as an effective actor.
>>>
>>> Deirdre Williams
>>>
>>> --
>>> “The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir
>>> William Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979
>>> ---

*Sheetal Kumar*
Programme Lead | GLOBAL PARTNERS DIGITAL
Second Home, 68-80 Hanbury Street, London, E1 5JL
T: +44 (0)20 3 818 3258| M: +44 (0)7739569514  |
PGP ID: E592EFBBEAB1CF31  | PGP Fingerprint: F5D5 114D 173B E9E2 0603 DD7F
E592 EFBB EAB1 CF31|