[governance] CS statements about MAG renewals at upcoming OC?

Norbert Bollow nb at bollow.ch
Thu Mar 15 09:14:13 EDT 2018

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018 08:49:14 -0400
Arsène Tungali (via governance Mailing List)
<governance at lists.riseup.net> wrote:

> I too would support such an action!

+1

I'd suggest to in addition make the request that they should make sure
to have a CS MAG member from the host country or a neighboring country.

IMO, the quality of CS participation at the Geneva IGF has suffered
from the lack of any CS person from Western Europe on the MAG.

> I recall that’s what they wanted
> to do, with opening up the call for application early enough but
> something happened! We never heard about the new MAG members!
>
> Chengetai announced two days ago (at the current ICANN meeting in
> Puerto Rico) that the list was to be out either on that day or the
> following one. But i am not sure it is out, or did i miss it?

To my best knowledge, the announcement is still missing. I also haven't
seen any announcement yet on when and where the next IGF will take
place.

Greetings,
Norbert