[governance] IGF MAG 2018: NO NEWS

Dr. Alejandro Pisanty Baruch apisan at unam.mx
Wed Jan 3 23:47:14 EST 2018

Hi,

the decisions on keeping the archives open or not should give great weight to the people who were involved at the time. The fact that many will not be easy to contact strengthens the point.

It is flabbergasting too how disparate this loss is with the elaborate structures and superstructures, processes, superprocesses and subprocesses given to elections; thousands of emails in that respect will be found when the archives are reconstituted, and none about operational responsibilities other than a few by people like Bill Drake who actually took care. Responsibilities of officials should be better spelled out for the future starting really soon.

Starting with closed archives as default will make it more feasible for Tapani to perform the heroic task he has volunteered for; that decision can be reversed later, which does not hold for the opposite direction. The task is herculean; it would be unfriendly to have it bogged in an internal policy discussion in which the most affected parties are not guaranteed to be able to participate.

Alejandro Pisanty

     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty
Facultad de Química UNAM
Av. Universidad 3000, 04510 Mexico DF Mexico

+52-1-5541444475 FROM ABROAD

+525541444475 DESDE MÉXICO SMS +525541444475
Blog: http://pisanty.blogspot.com
Unete al grupo UNAM en LinkedIn, http://www.linkedin.com/e/gis/22285/4A106C0C8614
Twitter: http://twitter.com/apisanty
---->> Unete a ISOC Mexico, http://www.isoc.org