[governance] [bestbits] IMPORTANT : Merging IGC with Best Bits

Izumi AIZU iza at anr.org
Thu Dec 20 22:04:15 EST 2018

Dear all,
Sorry for my long-time silence.
As a past co-co of IGC, I feel a little compelled to put my thoughts here.

Honestly, I kind of reduced my personal interests around Internet
Governance issues, due to several factors.
I don't mean they are not important, but I see my very limited capacity to
affect, say, unlike 10-15 years ago, both global, national (in Japan), and
regional (in Asia Pacific).

As for the merger issue, first of all, thank you Arsene for bringing this
topic up.
I am more inclined to agree with Ian's suggestion. However, in this case,
it is up to BB members, not IGC, strictly speaking. I am also a member of
BB and would like to see how BB members think of this.

izumi

Japan
www.anr.org