[governance] Accountability group puts Google in same league as big oil and big tobacco

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Thu Jul 13 12:18:48 EDT 2017

> On Jul 13, 2017, at 9:09 AM, Suresh Ramasubramanian <suresh at hserus.net> wrote:
> It is however a bit different from the point that Ken raised and that I agree with.  It is kind of fashionable in some circles to bash large corporations, developed countries or whoever / whatever else with the same broad brush and unthinking hatred

Sure.  Motherhood and apple pie.  I agree that broad-brush tarrings-and-featherings are not productive.

My point is that when astroturfing masquerades as science, it undermines data-driven policymaking, which is, I think, the most important thing that will make government serve people better, in the long term.

                                -Bill