[governance] Proposal for IGC to formally respond to "Please Cameroon did not shut down the Internet !!!"

bzs at theworld.com bzs at theworld.com
Mon Jan 30 00:08:10 EST 2017

I'm admittedly a technical sort of person so my first reaction would
be to map out how Cameroon obtains internet ingress/egress and from
whom. Specifically to try to dig out the contracts if possible or at
least characterize them (e.g., obtain typical contracts for study.)

That might yield more effective pressure points such as within the ITU
as one contractual body though the facts would tend to direct where
attention should be paid.

What for example has Cameroon agreed in those mutual transit
contracts?

Are businesses outside of Cameroon financially disadvantaged in
reasonably measurable ways? It would be difficult to imagine that none
are.

Of course these various ideas are not mutually exclusive, they all can
be explored simultaneously.

--
        -Barry Shein