[governance] [bestbits] Second WGEC meeting26-27 January 2017, Geneva

Jeremy Malcolm jmalcolm at eff.org
Fri Jan 27 13:50:23 EST 2017

On 27/1/17 7:38 am, Nick Ashton-Hart wrote:

> I doubt that there would be consensus on even that, if it had any
> political function. Even a coordination function that was entirely
> focused on the practical would be extremely difficult I think. Aside
> from anything else, I doubt the USG could agree to anything like that
> given the Administration’s interest in reducing US funding and
> engagement in multilateral matters.

That's why we just work with what we have, incrementally empowering the
IGF to fill that vacuum.

--
Jeremy Malcolm
Senior Global Policy Analyst
jmalcolm at eff.org

Tel: 415.436.9333 ext 161

Public key: https://www.eff.org/files/2016/11/27/key_jmalcolm.txt
PGP fingerprint: 75D2 4C0D 35EA EA2F 8CA8 8F79 4911 EC4A EDDF 1122