[governance] Multistakeholderism and Mr. Trump

David Cake dave at davecake.net
Wed Feb 1 00:51:11 EST 2017

Trump policies seem, on the face of it, implicitly hostile to the methods of any efforts that are not unilaterally lead by the US government, and unlikely to contribute usefully to multi-stakeholder dialogues, or to be supportive of multi-stakeholder institutions. Travel policies are already proving problematic.

I’m certainly quite pleased that he IANA Transition was completed, and we have a lot less to worry about from unilateral US efforts to influence ICANN etc.

The White House is not the entire US government. Hopefully, multi-stakeholder efforts will prove resilient to the efforts of a single radical government, even the US.

David