[governance] New IGC Co-coordinator: Nominations open until May 10th!

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Wed Apr 26 18:06:14 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

It is time to elect a new Co-coordinator for the Caucus, to replace Analía
who has already completed her two-year term, and to work with me (Arsene).
As you know, the IGC is operating with two volunteers called
“Co-coordinators”.

I would like to send my apologies for the time it took me to quick start
this process; as you know, we have been busy with migrating our server but
also I informed that I will be launching this once we have submitted our
workshop proposal to the upcoming IGF (which we did today). This is an
usual process and I beg you to bear with me. You will remember I did launch
this call while we were still working on the server but so many of you only
saw it later on when the system was restored back.

We invite members of the IGC to nominate candidates (please check with them
first about their willingness to serve), or to nominate themselves as
Co-coordinator to serve for 2 years, from 2017-2019. All you need to do is
to send TO THE LIST your statement of interest (in the body of an email and
attached in a .doc file) with the following elements:

-          Your full name

-          Your country of origin and of residence

-          Anything we need to know about your work/involvement with
IGC/IGF/Civil Society activities. (200 words max)

-          Why do you think you can be a good Co-coordinator for the IGC?
(Max 200 words)

-          What’s your vision for the IGC during your term if elected? Pick
up to 3 current issues we face in the group that you will consider as
priority during your first year. (Max 200 words)

The nomination period will be open until midnight UTC on May 10th,
2017. After this date, we will circulate a resume of candidate's profiles
and enable a voting link to all IGC members in order to elect our new
co-coordinator.

You can check duties and responsibilities on our website (www.igcaucus.org)
<http://igcaucus.org/charter>
<http://igcaucus.org/charter>I do encourage all of you who wish to have a
different experience with international advocacy or Internet public policy
issues to consider applying. Also, we need to revitalize our group so we
need someone very dynamic that will bring a push to support me.

Kind regards,

Arsene

IGC Co-coordinator

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali* <http://about.me/ArseneTungali>*
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967
GPG: 523644A0
*Goma, Democratic Republic of Congo*

2015 Mandela Washington Felllow
<http://tungali.blogspot.com/2015/06/selected-for-2015-mandela-washington.html>
(YALI) - ISOC Ambassador (IGF Brazil
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/igf-ambassadors-programme/Past-Ambassadors>
& Mexico
<http://www.internetsociety.org/what-we-do/education-and-leadership-programmes/next-generation-leaders/Current-Ambassadors>)
- AFRISIG 2016 <http://afrisig.org/afrisig-2016/class-of-2016/> - Blogger
<http://tungali.blogspot.com> - ICANN Fellow (Los Angeles
<https://www.icann.org/news/announcement-2014-07-18-en> & Marrakech
<https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/marrakech55-attendees-2016-03-14-en>
). AFRINIC Fellow (Mauritius
<http://www.afrinic.net/en/library/news/1907-afrinic-25-fellowship-winners>)*
- *IGFSA Member <http://www.igfsa.org/> - Internet Governance - Internet
Freedom.

Check the 2016 State of Internet Freedom in DRC report
<http://cipesa.org/?wpfb_dl=234>