[governance] ISOC-NY joins coalition of groups supporting the completion of the IANA Transition - hearing is Weds

Ayden Férdeline ayden at ferdeline.com
Fri Sep 16 08:36:35 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this topic. John, I'm curious about [this letter](https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/correspondence/journet-to-stathos-31aug16-en.pdf) dated 31 August - it indicates that 15 calendar days notice should be given if the IANA contract is to be extended. To Giacomo's question, given today's date and given we have not seen any other correspondence from the US government to ICANN, does this mean the NTIA hasn't exercised its renew option on the IANA contract, and so the transition is now irreversible? That's certainly what it looks like to me - but please do correct me if I am mistaken!

Best wishes,

Ayden Férdeline
[linkedin.com/in/ferdeline](http://www.linkedin.com/in/ferdeline)