[governance] New IGC officials (volunteers)

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Fri Sep 16 03:59:21 EDT 2016

Dear all,

First, I would like to take this opportunity to thank my colleague Analia
for coordinating elections for the 2nd IGC Representative on the CSCG
(Civil Society Coordination Group). I would like to also thank the 30+
members who voted for this election. We are over 500 on this list, i don't
know why other members chose not to vote. If there is any particular
reason, please do reach out to us (Analia and I) for discussion on how we
can best serve you.

I would like to congratulate *Wisdom Donkor* for being elected and for the
other colleagues who stepped in and wanted to serve. There will be other
opportunities to serve our group. *Wisdom will serve for two years
(September 2016 to September 2018), I will be serving with him on the CSCG
for one more year (I will step down from this role in September 2017, to
welcome the new IGC Co-coordinator who will be replacing Analia).*

Second, you will be reminded that I sent in a call for expression of
interest to help the Co-cos manage the IGC website. We received 3 names:
Akinremi Peter (Nigeria), Kwasi Opare (Ghana) and Iyedi Goma (Congo) and
they were requested to send in their SOI no later than August 17th. I
received only one SOI and so we decided that *Akinremi Peter will be
serving for this position starting very soon*.

I would like to thank Jeremy Malcolm for the great support, looking after
the website for more than two years now. He is working with Akinremi to
explain everything about this important role. We are lucky to have people
like you in this group. We hope to see some more innovation on the IGC
website.

This all said, please join me again in welcoming our two new colleagues who
are taking roles within the IGC: Wisdom (on the CSCG) and Akinremi (for the
IGC website).

Best regards,
Arsene
------------------------
**Arsène Tungali**
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967