[governance] RightsCon 2017 Update

Wafa Ben Hassine wbenhassine at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 06:48:31 EDT 2016

Dear Friends,

Apologies for cross-posting. We wanted to share an important update
for RightsCon
Brussels 2017 <https://www.rightscon.org/> (Wednesday March 29- Friday
March 31, 2017). We are currently accepting proposals until our
deadline on November
25, 2016, so make sure to act quickly!

As you know, it's an amazing event that brings together more than a
thousand leaders working in technology, human rights, data protection, and
privacy. RightsCon Brussels will be our most impactful event yet, with
three full days of programming, exciting satellite events like the Iran
Cyber Dialogue, and more than 1000 participants from across sectors. It’s
the best opportunity to showcase your work in digital rights, learn new
advocacy skills and strategies, and most importantly, develop outcomes,
best-practices, and policies that help defend and extend the digital rights
of users at risk around the world.

Submit a Session by November 25

You can submit your program session proposal on our website’s submission
form <https://www.rightscon.org/submission/>, and find more information
about our session formats, the RightsCon style and our themes on the submission
guide <https://rightscon.org/submissionguide>. We encourage you to submit a
high quality proposal, as competition is steep, and we are developing a
fantastic and compelling agenda for participants.

Attending RightsCon 2017

Tickets are on sale now <https://rightscon.org/tickets> in limited Early
Registration pricing, so act quick before these discount tickets run out.
Pricing will eventually increase to their regular values, so make sure to
register sooner rather than later. Special rates and discount codes will be
provided to session organizers and speakers.

We’d love for you to join us at this important event. If you have any
questions about your session proposal or registration, please let us know,
either by contacting me or our RightsCon Coordinator at
conference at accessnow.org.

Best regards,

Wafa

--

*Wafa Ben Hassine*Policy Analyst
Access Now | accessnow.org

PGP: 0xC0E89622
Fingerprint: D972 BE61 2D3D 8F8F CB71 5FBA 6B59 0BAF C0E8 9622

*Subscribe to the Access Express
<https://www.accessnow.org/campaign/#sign-up>, our weekly newsletter on
digital rights.*