[governance] URGENT: IGF Workshop Proposal on behalf of IGC

Baudouin Schombe baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Tue May 31 09:52:07 EDT 2016

I am a party for the 2nd proposal and would make my modest contribution in
the panel.

> [Due to my issue with Spam, please do help share this email on the list
> again to make sure everyone got it in their email. This is to the first
> person who read this]
>
> Dear list members,
>
> I am coming back to you to share the result s of consultations we had
> within the WG to develop Workshop Proposal for the IGF
> <http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/igf16-workshops/faqs-for-proposers> on
> behalf of the IGC. I would like to thank members of the WG (co-organizers)
> for their contributions and for their time.
>
> We came up with 3 workshop suggestions:
>
> -          *Erosion of identity or homogenisation by internet - IS it
> important? Should it be prevented? Can it be prevented? How?*
>
> *-          A critical reflexion on the role of civil society in the
> Internet governance context*
>
> *-          ICT for development: Harnessing the role of civil society for
> access, finance and knowledge city*
>
> At this point, I am requesting members of the community to:
> -          Make comments on the suggested topics,
> -          Help agree on ONE topic (we will not wait for consensus but I
> just want to feel the room)
> -          Help rephrase or reorient (if appropriate) the wording on the
> chosen topics,
>
> After we agreed on the above, I will send another call for speakers,
> panelists, onsite/remote moderators, rapporteurs, etc. Please do get ready
> if you are planning to be in Mexico to be involved in this workshop in any
> form. We will need your expertise and experience to share during the
> workshop.
>
> Once this is done, then we will submit the workshop proposals to the IGF,
> using the online form at the IGF Website. Given the remaining time, we have
> less than 5 days to complete this so that by June 4th, we can submit the
> proposals for consideration to the IGC.
>
> I really count on your contributions within time so we can conclude this
> process.
>
> Regards,
> Arsene
> *------------------------------------------------------*
> *Arsène Tungali,*
> IGC Co-Coordinator,
> Co-founder & Executive Director, Rudi International
> <http://www.rudiinternational.org/>
> Facebook <http://www.facebook.com/arsenebaguma> - Twitter
> <http://twitter.com/arsenebaguma> - LinkedIn
> <http://www.linkedin.com/pub/arsene-tungali/40/825/344/>
> Internet Governance - Blogger - ISOC Ambassador - ICANN Fellow - Child
> Online Protection Evangelist.
> Democratic Republic of Congo

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*
*SECRETAIRE EXECUTIF FGI RDC*
*EXECUTIVE SECRETARY/ FGI DRC*

*COORDINATEUR NATIONAL CAFEC*

*ICANN/AFRALO Member*
*ISOC Member*
Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr