[governance] Results from IGC co-coordinator elections

Tracy F. Hackshaw tracyhackshaw at gmail.com
Fri Mar 11 17:01:26 EST 2016

Adding my congratulations to Arsené!

Looking forward to great things from the young and dynamic double A team.

Sincerely,

Tracy

Sent from my Fire

On March 10, 2016, at 8:12 PM, Analia Aspis <analia.aspis at gmail.com> wrote:

Dear members,

A call for nominations was sent to the list on 11th January 2016, to remain open until 31st January 2016, 23.59 UTC. Several reminders were sent.

Nominations were received from:

Akinremi Peter Taiwob

Arsene Tungali

Carlos Vera Quintana

As we attempted to set up the election process we ran into serious difficulties with the software that had been used previously. We appealed for assistance but no one was in a position to help. In these circumstances Analia devised an alternative procedure.

The link to a ballot was sent out to list members on 20th February 2016, stipulating that the poll would close on 29 February (23:59 UTC)

Again several reminders were sent.

A link to the list of members who voted can be found here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1IO9QkH26lGSq5ZR00vVG2kg_edb57D945S_gCUEZeOY/edit?usp=sharing

A careful check was carried out to ensure that each voting member only voted once and that each vote was accompanied by the affirmation of membership stipulated by the Charter.

107 votes were cast of which 99 were valid.

36 votes for Arsene Tungali
32 votes for Carlos Vera Quintana
10 votes for Akinremi Peter Taiwo
20 votes None of the above

Of the 8 rejected votes

4 persons said that they are not members:

Steve Hanagan
Didier Van der Meeren
Michéle Tancman Candido da Silva
Aída Noblia

4 persons voted twice

Lebrum
Lorna Tingu Makuma (Mrs Simiyu)
Narine Khachatryan
Thomas Lowenhaupt

Therefore Arsene Tungali is elected as the new Co-coordinator to work with Analia.

Congratulations to Arsene and thanks to all three nominees for offering their time skills and energies!

Analia (Co-coordinator) and Deirdre (retiring Co-coordinator)