[governance] Fw: Urgent - Final Phase: IGC workshop proposal to the IGF

Baudouin Schombe baudouin.schombe at gmail.com
Fri Jun 3 11:14:08 EDT 2016

To have opted for second theme, I propose to be among speaker.

> Dear colleagues,
>
> This is a friendly and last reminder about this. Please do consider
> providing your comments and inputs to help conclude this process.
>
> I continue to receive names of those who want to be considered as speakers
> and answers to the other requests presented there (see bellow).
>
> We have until June 4th at 11pm UTC to conclude this so that i can move to
> the last phase of submiting our ws proposal.
>
> Thanks for your contributions and constant support.
>
> Regards,
> ---------------------
> Arsene Tungali,
> IGC Co-coordinator
> @arsenebaguma
> +243 993810967 <+243%20993810967> (DRCongo)
> Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPhone <https://yho.com/footer0> (excuse typos
> and brievity)
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>

> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016, 1:06 PM, Arsene TUNGALI (Yahoo) <
> arsenebaguma at yahoo.fr> wrote:
>
> Dear list members,
>
> [Apologize for a long email. I start a new conversation to avoid
> confusion. For reference, please do refer to the email thread: “IGF
> Workshop Proposal on behalf of the IGC”]
>
> Thank you all for the comments/contributions we received so far. This
> shows that we all are interested in having a workshop proposal be sent on
> behalf of the IGC. After going through all contributions, I found myself in
> a very difficult position to sum up and come up with one proposal.
>
> So, here are my thoughts. Please do bear with me, especially given the
> time constraint.
>
> The first proposal was suggested by Deidre: “*Erosion of identity or
> homogenisation by internet - Is it important? Should it be prevented? Can
> it be prevented? How ?”*
>
> This one has got more than ten endorsements and for every new contribution
> received, I found myself being more and more confused by the different
> aspects this proposal has in itself. It looks very wide, vast for me,
> though covering some important facts.
>
> Contributions made by Louis Puzin made it a bit clearer but again when
> commented by other colleagues, it became again more and more confusing. I
> fear such workshop will have less interest from a CS point of view, also
> very little connexion to SDGS. Given I am personally not able to understand
> it properly; *I find it difficult for me to endorse and submit it on
> behalf of the IGC*.
>
> This said, I would suggest this topic to be submitted by another
> individual member but not on behalf of the IGC.
>
> The second topic had few (only two recorded) and I recall Milton asking it
> to be more specific, have specific issues or questions that it addresses
> since it appears to be general, broad and not focused. I would suggest we
> leave it.
>
> The third proposal on ICT4D got nearly 6 endorsements and I personally
> feel this is much clearer, has a CS component in it, can easily attract
> [...]

*SCHOMBE BAUDOUIN*
*SECRETAIRE EXECUTIF FGI RDC*
*EXECUTIVE SECRETARY/ FGI DRC*

*COORDINATEUR NATIONAL CAFEC*

*ICANN/AFRALO Member*
*ISOC Member*
Téléphone mobile:+243998983491/+243813684512
email                  : b.schombe at gmail.com
skype                 : b.schombe
blog                    : http://akimambo.unblog.fr