[governance] Urgent and Important: IGC endorsement and MAG nominations - OPEN CALL: Deadline 24 January 2016

Analia Aspis analia.aspis at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 19:39:11 EST 2016

Dear IGC members,

   - As many of you should know, the Civil Society Coordination Group
   (CSCG) just announced the dates for the endorsements for MAG 2016 CS
   representatives. (1st February 2016)

   - *IGC is a member of the CSCG and have the opportunity to suggest CSCG
   one or more nominees* that this last will take into account when
   discussing the final names of candidates that will be endorsed for MAG 206
   CS representatives.

   - Therefore,* if you wish to be considered by the CSCG as a candidate to
   be endorsed * I* would like to open a discussion within the group on
   which names we should send to the CSCG *(ideally a number of 3). We
   should decide this final names* by consensus.*

*How to proceed and which are the deadlines if I want my name to be
considered?*

*                             IGC OPEN CALL Until 24 January 2016*:

Analía (IGC representative at the CSCG) will be *receiving your interest
(under the form of  short bios/qualifications)* and will circulate
candidates among our mailing list. I do suggest that you send your mail
asap so as we have the possibility to support/discuss the profiles that
will be circulating.*We should have a list of 3 or less candidates by the
25 January 2015.*

*                                            25 January 2016:*

Analía will send to CSCG the final list ot the CSCG and this last will
start its own process so select final candidates to endorse.

*                                            1st February 2015: *

CSCG will present endorsed candiates for the MAG 2016

*Finally,* the secretary general of the un is the one with the final choice
of the new MAG members.

*PLEASE REMEMBER THAT WITH OR WITHOUTH ENDORSEMENT YOU HAVE TO FIRST FILL
THE UN FORM* available here
<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2016/index.php/MAG/nomination>

To sum up:

 If you decide you would like to be considered for the IGF MAG, you should
follow
UN web page instructions
<http://www.intgovforum.org/cms/wks2016/index.php/MAG/nomination>, by
submitting your nomination. Moreover, *UNTIL 24 JANUARY* 2016 IGC will be
receiving and discussing those candidates profiles that would like to be
endorsed by CSCG. I suggest that you let us know:

--that you have submitted your nomination
--understand why you would be a good candidate
--understand what you would like to accomplish as a member of the MAG
--any other information they have requested.

The final candidates will be send to CSCG.  The CSCG reviews endorsements
sent to them, and sends a list of suggested candidates to the IGF
Secretariat and UNDESA. UNDESA makes final decisions based on the complete
list of nominations, and endorsements from the CSCG and other CS
groups--remember, CSCG does not include all CS IG groups.

I am aware of the really small amount of time we do have in the following
days, so I will be following the discussion.

Please do not hesiste to ask any questions you may have.
Regards,
Analía