[governance] Final list of candidates for co-coordinator IGC

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Sun Feb 21 07:45:06 EST 2016

Sure, imposing a word count limit for the candidates' statement could
simplify things by way of further standardization for voters who might need
such. But not doing that could not be equated to unfairness, IMHO. Fairness
or leveling the playing field here was to give every candidate the choice
to write as much as they want and see fit for a self-introduction
addressing a number of required items. Each candidate is empowered to
choose what she or he thinks would work best for them, so I fail to see
how's that a lack of fairness.

Totally agree with CPUN. These are static documents, not like in a debate
where candidates need to be given equal airtime. It might just turn out
that in this case, being concised and focused to the point be a plus for a
candidate in the mind of many voters. And possibly not much so for many
others. That will be the voter's choice and whatever the outcome, I doubt
it can be solidly argued that such outcome is the result of a biased
process due to the absence of word count limit for all contenders.

Mawaki
~Delivered to you by my droid agent.
On Feb 21, 2016 9:36 AM, "Remmy Nweke" <remmyn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks Analia for the response.