[governance] My SOI for MAG 2017

Arsène Tungali arsenebaguma at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 19:16:43 EST 2016

Dear Richard,

Please find bellow and attached my Statement of Interest for the MAG 2017
following the call from the CSCG where you serve as Co-chair and non voting
Chair of the NomCom.

I am Cc'ing the IGC list just for information and for purposes of
transparency as I promised to do.

Best regards,
Arsene

*--Begin--*

Since IGF 2011, I have been actively participating in discussions at local
and global levels; mainly pushing, as a civil society (CS) actor, for
children safety and youth issues. As the Co-coordinator of the Civil
Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC), I am also a member of the Civil
Society Coordination Group (CSCG).

I am associated with global organizations such as the Internet Society
(being selected as an Ambassador to attend two global IGFs), APC (an
alumnus of the African School on IG), ICANN and AFRINIC (as a fellow),
Diplo Foundation (through online courses on IG). This has given me a better
understanding of the Internet and IGF ecosystem, and put me in a position
to better understand the challenges, priorities and needs of CS as a group.

For the IGF 2016, I am a session co-organizer, a speaker on a panel and
will serve as the remote moderator of the Dynamic Coalition’s Main Session.
I am also following since its inception, the intercessional work on Policy
Options for Connecting the Next Billion and extensively participating in
the NRIs discussions. I am a co-facilitator for the annual global CS joint
meeting. With this involvement, I am in a position to advice the MAG on the
program of the next IGF.

Being extensively involved in all these preparatory activities has given me
the required knowledge on the way the IGF is prepared, its main component
and the way the MAG functions; that’s the reason why I am willing to bring
the passion and energy I have for the IGF to go through its remaining years
of mandate, through a better organized MAG. I intend to also contribute and
help it follow the recommendations of the CSTD WG on IGF improvements which
will make it strong as an institution.

*-- END --*

------------------------
**Arsène Tungali**
Co-Founder & Executive Director, *Rudi international
<http://www.rudiinternational.org>*,
CEO,* Smart Services Sarl <http://www.smart-serv.info>*, *Mabingwa Forum
<http://www.mabingwa-forum.com>*
Tel: +243 993810967