[governance] New IGC Representative on CSCG: My Nomination

Hago Dafalla dafalla at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 23 07:19:58 EDT 2016

Dear sir;
below is my The Statement of Interest (SOI) for this position. Please confirm.
Hago Dafalla
The Statement of Interest (SOI)
• Name, declared region of residence,gender and employmentHago Dafalla, Africa,  Male, Zawia University, Libya.
• Reasons for willingness totake on this task (max 200 words)
 CSCG has an important part to play in keeping the Internet free by
 influencing ICANN's policies, But in order to get their work done they also need administrative support - bureacracy if you will. I still believe that ICANN is a wonderful experiment in multistakeholder management of a key resource. I believe that my
experience and knowledge can be useful at ICANN. I am a hard worker and a passionate advocate, and I would like to try to make a difference here. I have a lot of international experience.
• Qualifications for thisposition (max 200 words)
I am expert in Information Technology,  since 2008 till now I am involved in IGF process in national, Arab and African. I am a member of Arab IGF Multistakeholder Advisory Group (AMAG) for 2013. I served as AFRINIC NOMCOM for 2011 and 2012. I am a member of many ICANN working Groups. I am Participating in the  African Peering Coordinate Forum (AFPIF), Peering Coordinators Day, Dar es Salaam, 1Tanzania, 10 June 2011. Now I am Programme Committee(PC), African Peering Coordinate Forum (AFPIF), 2016
 I am active  member of Arab and African  IGF and I was participated to established the Arab IGF (I participated in EGM on the Road map for Internet Governance in Arab Region,  Beirut, Lebanon, form 25 to 26 October 2010 and The Conference and Public Consultations to Establish the Arab IGF, Beirut, Lebanon from 31 January to 1 February 2012) and I am attended the both Internet Governance Forum (IGF) meetings in Arab and African region for last two year.  I am Participated in Global IGF 2013 and I organized workshop (Protection of most vulnerable children online, with Tac together against Cybercrime in the IGF2013, Bali, Indonesia).
 I am participated in Arab IGF in Lebanon from 16 to 18 December 2015 and I organized workshop titled Human Right,Child Protection and Youth Right.
Internet Governance is the overall process of Internet management, its security, stability, and development. Currently there is lack of understanding and knowledge amongst most Internet users in the Arab and Africa region about Internet Governance, which impedes their full participation and integration in the discussion as main stakeholders. As a result, engaging Arab Internet users in the regional and global debate about Internet Governance first requires building knowledge on the subject.

• Statement of availability for the time the position requires (max 200words)
Yes I have agreed for this position I will have enough time to handle the duties. • The nominee’s statement may also include any other information thecandidate believes in relevant (max 200 words)
For more information about me see my CV attached here.