[governance] Legal Status of National IGFs

Devon Blake devonrb at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:51:17 EDT 2016

So is there a need to resolve the question of IGF as an event, or IGF as a
loose consortium, IGF as an international program with defined objectives
which includes the provision of the fora infrastructure for open dialogue.
But who analyses the dialogue, who provides a structured framework to the
deliberations, who acts on recommendations, and how are recommendations
developed?
Just asking.

Regards!

Devon

On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 10:39 AM, Judith Hellerstein <
judith at jhellerstein.com> wrote:

> HI Arsene,
>
> I would suggest a non profit form as you would want to raise funds for it
> and you would want a legal entity. If a non-profit is too difficult than a
> for profit would work as long as it is truly multi stakeholder. I believe
> that the IGF-USA is a non-profit or at least affiliated with a non profit.
> The Mag should have representative from all sectors.  You also make want to
> include restrictions on how much companies can donate so that a few
> companies do not dominate on the funding.
>
> Best,
> Judith

> Judith Hellerstein, Founder & CEO
> Hellerstein & Associates
> 3001 Veazey Terrace NW, Washington DC 20008
> Phone: (202) 362-5139  Skype ID: judithhellerstein
> E-mail: Judith at jhellerstein.com   Website: www.jhellerstein.com
> Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/jhellerstein/
> Opening Telecom & Technology Opportunities Worldwide
>

> On 4/11/2016 8:37 AM, Arsene TUNGALI (Yahoo) wrote:
>
> Dear colleagues,
>
> We are in the process of having our first national IGF in the DRC and we
> are wondering what legal status to give to it. Is is a non profit? a
> movement? This question has been asked by our Ministry in charge of ICT to
> us as the organizing committee.
>
> I am writing to inquire which legal status your national initiatives have
> within your countries. This will help us know how our Secretariat and our
> own form of MAG will operate. Please do share your experiences.
>
> Thanks for your support,
> Arsene

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

>      http://www.igcaucus.org/

Devon Blake
ICT and Development Consultant
4 Arlington Ave
Kgn 2
,Phone: Office 876-928-9902, Mobile, 876-483-2632
linkedin:https://www.linkedin.com/in/deblade
website:www.myintellicenter.com

To be kind, To be helpful, To network
*Earthwise ... For Life!*