[governance] APC, Internet Democracy, IFLA statement at CSTD 2015

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue May 12 12:40:10 EDT 2015

This is the statement made by IT for Change in the same meeting...

http://www.itforchange.net/IT_for_Change_statement_to_CSTD

"IT for Change was at the 18th annual session of the United Nations
Commission on Science and Technology for Development . We delivered the
following intervention during the plenary discussion reviewing the World
Summit on the Information Society (WSIS). This meeting of the Commission
was supposed to input into the WSIS plus 10 review to be taken up in
December, 2015, by the UN General Assembly. Unfortunately, even as
critical issues about  the Internet -  most with significant global
political dimensions- are  increasingly gathering momentum, the
Commission's proceedings saw a complete political stalemate. Anyone
sitting through the five days of the annual session would have got the
impression that all is truly well with the Internet and its global
societal impact! Our statement speaks out against such complacency
andabdication of global political responsibility by key actors."

parminder