[governance] Pro-multistakeholderist versus pro-democracy viewpoints

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Tue Mar 10 20:29:43 EDT 2015

Stakeholder is one concept that can be quite broadly interpreted in that anyone and everyone can feel they have a stake in something. I guess the test most people apply for active stakeholders is -

1. Those that wish to contribute time, money and effort to work together with other stakeholders for a common goal

2. Those whose contributions are restricted to exerting all their efforts towards political control of s stakeholder driven process (a category that I refer to as steakholders)

--srs (iPad)