[governance] Pro-multistakeholderist versus pro-democracy viewpoints

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 16:22:06 EDT 2015

We're getting at cross purposes between "stake" and "at stake".
A "stakeholder" holds a stake - an interest, an outcome??
I would be interested to hear from all of the discussants what they
consider this "stake" to be. It may not be one thing; it could be a whole
range of things. It might be easier to describe by saying what is NOT a
stake, what does NOT qualify one to be part of the debate.
And does "one" qualify, or is it only groups that hold stakes?
I'm hoping for clarification
Thank you
Deirdre

--
“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979