[governance] Whose lives are we helping, anyway? WAS Re: [bestbits] Remarks at UNESCO Closing Ceremony of "Connecting the Dots Conference"

Nick Ashton-Hart nashton at consensus.pro
Mon Mar 9 15:14:31 EDT 2015

<sigh>

How about this. Could we all assume that the phrase:

"the source of all of IG is WSIS"

Does not appear in my comment? It is completely, entirely irrelevant to the point I was making. I wish I had instead said:

"On a larger point, I have to ask - plead, really - for everyone to ask yourself: WSIS' goal was and is the use of technology to make people's lives better and close the digital divide etc. Is all this hostility over the form of words at one meeting leading anywhere on that continuum?"

Again, I thank George once again for realising what the main point was.

Regards, Nick