[governance] FW: [IP] About ICANN and Crimea

Suresh Ramasubramanian suresh at hserus.net
Fri Mar 6 06:47:42 EST 2015

OFAC sanctions - there are a bunch of companies tied to individuals involved in the crimean conflict that are slapped with a US trade embargo.

For a US company to do business with them means jail time, if not heavy fines.

http://www.treasury.gov/resource-center/sanctions/Programs/Pages/ukraine.aspx

--srs (iPad)