[governance] IANA transition - BR Gov comments on the CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Mon Jun 15 07:38:25 EDT 2015

Not sure why you seem to think that might be so. In the case being reported
here, the plaintiffs are American ctitizens suing the Islamic Republic of
Iran (the defendant), on the basis of its support to terrorist groups in
Gaza Strip (as per the court proceedings.) There is in place, in the US, an
exception statute regarding the normal foreign sovereigns' immunity in
state and federal courts. That exception statute particularly applies when
the foreign sovereign has been entered by USG into a list of states
involved in terrorism sponsoring activities (if my understanding is
correct), allowing the court to proceed with a case where any such foreign
sovereign is the defendant.

Now, are you suggesting that we may conclude from there that the Islamic
Republic of Iran (or any other foreign state that is on a USG's blacklist
or under its embargo) might be able to bring a case in American courts, at
both state and federal levels, in which they would be the plaintiff? Or am
I missing something?

/Brought to you by Mawaki's droid agent