[governance] IANA transition - BR Gov comments on the CCWG-Accountability Draft Proposal

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 14:51:25 EDT 2015

Simple and maybe trivial question, again (since my previous one about
delegation hasn't found a taker.)

Scenario 1*: I am a citizen of Togo, quite a small country sitting on the
belly of Africa to the west (you may check our macro economic indicators in
the CIA Facebook or from the World Bank online sources.) I am a domain name
registrant. In year 2018 ICANN makes a decision, later upheld by the
conflict resolution mechanism in place, but which I think violates my
fundamental rights as I understand them by any international standards. I
am even pretty convinced that I might win the case in a US court based on
the documentation available /jurisprudence in that country. Problem is, I
have no access to the institutional resources that would allow me to use
the US judicial system as a plaintiff, much less the financial resources it
would take to get a lawyer to represent my interests.

Is that -- the need for everybody to be equal before the law, in practice,
and have their rights equally secured, -- in your view, a problem worthy of
our attention? If so how can we address it.

Thanks

(*) I only have one scenario for now but I'm numbering #1 just in case
others come up later in the discussion.

/Brought to you by Mawaki's droid agent