[governance] BRICS

Mawaki Chango kichango at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 15:43:13 EDT 2015

Dear Willi,

Thanks. I am not sure I see what you're referring to as antgonism between
my two paragraphs. However regaring the overall content of your message I
would like to clarify that I didn't mean to claim that CS would reach its
goals without having to fight, or will have its views effectively taken
into account without struggles.

The outcome of a multistakeholder or a multilateral process will be
necessarily different from that of a monostakeholder or a unilateral
process, respectively. Then the question for us is not how we can get an
outcome that will fully meet our monostakeholder desiderata but rather an
outcome that will be farthest possible from the other stakeholders'
peculiar desiderata/agenda and closest possible to ours. But of course the
notion of possibility here will be dependent on power structure, meaning
there will have to be fights and struggles.

Then my own take (which we don't all have to agree on) is that our energy
is better spent devising ways to build strategic alliances issue area by
issue area so as to advance CS friendly agenda than worrying about what
some governments say about or want from other governments (or things of
that kind). Idem for businesses. Noting that not all governments of the
world, nor businesses, necessarily have the same interests on all the
issues.

Regards,

Mawaki
/Brought to you by my droid agent