[governance] Comments please

Deirdre Williams williams.deirdre at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 10:33:39 EST 2015

Dear Colleagues,
I am currently preparing for the Caribbean Telecommunications Union 25th
Anniversary ICT Week to be held in Trinidad next week (2nd-6th February). I
believe that several members of this caucus will be attending that meeting.
Do members, particularly but not exclusively those from small developing
states, have knowledge that they would be willing to share on this topic?
Please indicate if you would NOT like your name to be used, as otherwise I
will of course credit the source of the ideas

This is from the letter of invitation:

We are living in an era of unprecedented technological convergence, which
is having significant ramifications for all of our stakeholders. The CTU
has been striving to prepare and support its members to leverage the
opportunities presented by this technological revolution. Consequently, the
theme chosen for the 25th Anniversary ICT Week is *“**Celebrating our past;
Committing to our future**”. *

The First Session of ICT Week is entitled, “*Thriving in the storm of the
technological revolution: Understanding the realities of our radically
changing world and identifying imperatives and opportunities for the
Caribbean to Succeed”*. Given your unique perspective as a Member of Civil
Society, we would like you to contribute to a Panel Discussion on the
topic, “*Crafting an Appropriate Regional Response to the Converged World”*
.

Thank you

Deirdre

--
“The fundamental cure for poverty is not money but knowledge" Sir William
Arthur Lewis, Nobel Prize Economics, 1979