[governance] A different frame

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Wed Jan 21 05:46:12 EST 2015

At 03:08 21/01/2015, Barry Shein wrote:

>  > >
> <https://johnc1912.wordpress.com/2015/01/18/a-different-way-of-looking-at-things/%20>
> from
>
>Does anyone actually believe this? That the development of the
>internet avoided political questions?
>
>I've been involved with the internet since the 1970s and it always
>seemed to me every new technology raised political and rights
>questions almost to the point of tears.

So did I.
The worst one was the US political choice for the global spread of
the internet status-quo strategy we are seeing politically evoluting
nowadays as a "neutrality/permissionless innovation" culture of
"multistakeholders" against an "omnistakeholders" reality.

Up to the point Jari Arkko has transitioned the IETF to the USIETF
for its 29th birthday (http://www.ietf.org/blog/) where the NTIA has
***replaced*** the IAB.

I quote:
"
* Both the numbers and names communities need to complete their
proposals. We at the IETF will continue engage with them with their
work, just as they assisted us with ours.
* Later, the IANA Transition Coordination Group (ICG) will assemble a
complete proposal and gather community feedback on the result. When
ready, they will submit the final proposal to the NTIA.
* The NTIA  must then consider and approve the proposal.
* Finally it must be implemented.
"

This is politically conformant to the RFC 6852 where IEEE, IAB, IETF,
ISOC, and W3C state: "We embrace a modern paradigm for standards
where the economics of global markets, fueled by technological
advancements, drive global deployment of standards regardless of
their formal status." We now know that the politicotechnical referent
for the I*gang internet is the NTIA.

This is quite different from the master of my use of the collective
FLOSS Catenet, as everyone, is me. The WSIS information society is to
be "people centered, à caractère humain, centrada en la persona". The
political opposition to that is to make it US (IETF) or WEF (ICANN) oriented.

This why we are engaging the Catenet.Coop projet for a non-political
collective/cooperative/concerted intelligent use of our
interconnected datacommunications resources and we will use a French
law "SCIC" (common interest cooperative corporation) that "says one
stakeholder, one vote; permits people, corporations and states to
associate; and does not require capital funding - we all paid for our
common catenet for a long).

Because Aristotle invented architectonics (the discipline of reality)
as the ***science*** of politics, of which the ***art*** is to lead
free men - whose the sociability is now computer facilitated.

Cheers !!!

jfc

NB. "I want to know about the vast conspiracy which, for as long as I
can remember, has resulted in Barry Shein's always saying something
that is more interesting and intelligent than everything everyone
else (including me [and possibly Jefsey]) has said about the same
topics. - Mark Dominus, on Facebook, 27 July 2009."
Le Monde C'est Lui !