[governance] The NTIA announcement (re: IANA, DNS root)

willi uebelherr willi.uebelherr at riseup.net
Sat Aug 29 09:06:37 EDT 2015

Dear Baudouin,

you wrote:
"The internet has become a universal heritage because with no physical
boundaries."

Suresh wrote in his last mail:
"Civil society - ... don't have a concrete technical proposal ..."

The IANA transition process is a playing garden. The rulers define the
rules. And "no physical boundaries"? It is an illusion. We have strong
boundaries in all forms, based on private control of all network
structures and functionality.

Yes, the InterNet is world heritage and we have to organize this on this
base. Open the space for it.

many greetings, willi
Salvador, Brasil

Am 29/08/2015 um 06:33 schrieb Baudouin Schombe:
> Louis advance a reflection that deserves attention. We are not yet out of
> the woods in this transition on IANA management.
>
> With the rise of attacks in cyberspace, despite the global nature of the
> arrangements, each country would take to build its own security in this
> virtual world.
>
> Is this the right approach to solution ?? what possible technological
> safeguards to consider? The internet has become a universal heritage
> because with no physical boundaries.
>
> We also find that technological powers are fighting in the shadows to make
> a bit of power in this new dynamics of global governance not only ICANN,
> but more particularly the IANA.
>
> In my humble opinion, the involvement and participation of civil society in
> all these processes are becoming increasingly indispensable despite the
> discrepancies on some positions.

---
Este email foi escaneado pelo Avast antivĂ­rus.