[governance] JNC's comments on ICANN oversight (non) transition

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Tue Aug 18 09:08:31 EDT 2015

Just Net Coalition has submitted its comments to the process that is
coming up with proposals for what was supposed to be the transition of
ICANN's oversight from the US to a globally legitimate structure, but
the - now more or less final - proposals on the table do nothing of the
sort, and merely serve to cement the status quo.

We have submitted our comments in two parts

A overall political commentary can be found at

https://comments.ianacg.org/pdf/submission/submission19.pdf

A more technical response to finer issues and processes of the process
is at

https://comments.ianacg.org/pdf/submission/submission18.pdf

In sum, we have firmly rejected both, the legitimacy of the process and
the arbitrary manner in which it was conducted, and its result in the
form of the final proposals on the table.

parminder