[governance] US to impose sanctions on foreign cyber attackers

Jefsey jefsey at jefsey.com
Sat Apr 4 07:37:28 EDT 2015

At 00:28 04/04/2015, Fouad Bajwa wrote:
>But this should be a larger debate beyond the remit of nation states
>that involves the broader civil society and other stakeholders.
>These technologies did not just appear on their own, they were
>developed by individuals, groups, communities and companies and so
>forth. Why are we so afraid to create a discourse and bridge the
>gaps opposed to the propaganda? Why not raise and argue at the IGF
>and regional fora? Why not a dynamic coalition on the issue?

This should. But for the time being better for me to share in the
most efficient part I can forster/help.

This is why I would certainly ***welcome and support*** a dynamic
coalition on the issue. However, as long as I am concerned I can only
focus on the post-google internet practical "initem" (set of initial
conditions to condition or having conditionned a system), i.e. the
catenet's substructural (between operations and infrastructure)
technology that will allow to complete the second phase of Vint
Cerf's IEN 48 project of 1978 - of which the first phase was the
present internet. https://www.rfc-editor.org/ien/ien48.txt
("objectives" section).

This was definitly blocked since 1985 by the NSA "status-quo"
strategy of architectural protection (lack of OSI Layer 6
presentation in the UNIX/internet architecture). The recente
"premissionless innovation" now partly opens the door to that
possibility; however they want to keep controlling it via the "maffia
type" multistakeholder pretence. Technological emergence is
omnistakeholder based anyway, but they will keep containing it as
much as they can until a full "layer-6+" has been incorporated in the
multiple technologies involved.
https://www.iab.org/2014/11/14/iab-statement-on-internet-confidentiality/

jfc