[governance] [govenance] The domain name racket goes on

parminder parminder at itforchange.net
Fri Sep 26 21:04:33 EDT 2014

Whether ICANN should continue with domain name functions or whether ITU
should take them over is a bit of a self-serving strawman argument. I
have not seen any serious proposal with any serious backing in this
regard. What is often sought however by developing countries, with
serious proposals on the table as well, is to subject ICANN to a
genuinely international oversight mechanism which is embedded in
international law and its authority.

parminder